Baby Nursery Design and Decorating Tips
Deciding on how to decorate your baby’s nursery for the first time is exciting! It’s a great way to prepare for baby’s arrival and your nesting instinct will start to kick in so you’ll want everything to be perfect. There are some things you may end up overlooking when starting the decorating process so here are some tips to keep in mind when working on your baby’s nursery.
- Find out where the most lighting comes into the room and avoid placing the crib in that area. The sunlight will wake baby up during the morning.
- Consider installing dimmer switches so you don’t have to turn the lights on all the way when it’s time for a middle of the night feeding.
- Pillows, blankets, and stuffed toys all make for cute decorations and accents to baby’s room but don’t keep them in there when you bring baby home.
- Anything could end up covering baby’s face and suffocating him.
- Choose wood floors or small rugs over carpeting. Wall to wall carpeting harbors dust, which can cause allergies and it’s easier to clean wood floors and rugs.
- Make sure you paint well before baby’s arrival and keep the windows open to release the harmful fumes.
- Place a rocking chair or some other seat in the room for when mom or dad needs to rock baby to sleep.
- Have all your diaper changing necessities close to the changing table so you won’t have to move away from baby to access diaper supplies.
- Keep all furniture and toys away from windows and doors. Also make sure to anchor all heavy furniture to the wall so there’s no way for it to topple over.
- Put in plenty of storage. You’ll get tons of baby gear during your baby shower and when baby is born and you’ll need a place to put everything. Even if you think you have enough storage, chances are you’ll probably end up needing more.
Once you’re finished decorating your baby’s nursery, kick back and relax as you admire your hard work. It will all be worth it once you have your brand new bundle of joy in your arms!
Written by Holly MacLean from Wee Urban
As a new mom, Holly was driven to start Wee Urban™ to offer the modern family a unique and fresh collection of eco-friendly baby gear and accessories that goes beyond the conventional and explores the exceptional! Tired of traditional pinks and blues and cute motifs, we offer sophisticated designs, “conscious” organic alternatives, practical functionality and superior quality. Using our custom certified organic cotton blends, low-impact dyes, and other trendsetting fabrics, we hope to inspire families to be make better choices and of course- do it all in urban style!
Beyond our organic cotton and azo-free dyes, Wee Urban uses 100% post-consumer packaging and tags for our Wee Dreams™ Sleep Bags. Our distinctive screen-printing is done with 100% eco-inks and are all phthalate free.
We also recycle our remnants and donate as much as possible to local elementary schools to help with arts and crafts programs.
For more information, visit wwww.weeurban.com
Interested in writing a guest blog for Wee Urban? Send your topic idea to email@example.com
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Wee Urban makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.